What is the psychology behind it? Why tea over coffee? Can you understand a person from their teas? People drink fruity teas often because they also appreciate the smell of them and more rustic teas black teas because they enjoy and crave the individual tastes of black tea but that's just a theory. How would I find out if I wanted to know? Well I guess I could look at statistics. But what if I tested a group of people and they just happened to all be members of a tea club. Well it seems that 1 out of every 1 person who enjoys tea also belongs to a tea club or...1 out of every 1 person who enjoys tea states that this type of tea is better according to a survey taken by our researchers. Thus are statistics influenced all the time even be accident. Say I where to take a survey in Britain of how many people liked tea. That in itself would be influenced. And if something has an 95% chance of being right then isn't it better to agree with that 95% chance than to invest in that small 5% chance? Thus is the US legal system...mostly accurate. It keeps the majority of people who would be a danger to society in prison.
But that isn't to say there isn't still a five percent chance. We can assume things and be almost right but can we ever truly be 100% right if there are small random anomalies in the universe? Even if I had a machine that predicted every single thing and had every bit of data it needed to make those predictions it would still be based on statistics and it would thus have that small marginal room for error thus everything statistically has a chance of going wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment