Friday, July 5, 2013

Memorization Live with The gravedigger, Christina Perry and Crabbe and Goyle

Before me lies a deck of cards perfectly shuffled. 52 cards and also 53 people. The key to memorizing a deck of cards is that each of the 52 cards becomes a very clear image of a person in your mind and then when you walk through your memory palace you can see these people in your minds eye. The four of spades is just the four of spades to you but to me its also the gravedigger as 4 is the Chinese number of death and spades also means shovels. This is a play on words but works. Another example is the jack of hearts. To me this is Christina Perry as I see the J and it reminds me of the jar of hearts, a ghastly song, which in turn reminds me of Christine Perry. Then comes the two of clubs. I take clubs to mean brawn in this instance and it reminds me of Crabbe and Goyle....Thus the two of clubs is Crabbe and Goyle. Now I would go to my memory palace which is for this a street lined with shops and down a dark alley I see first the gravedigger snarling at Christina Perry who is arguing with him over a jar of hearts which the gravedigger wants for the morbid reason of being a gravedigger and Christina Perry wants for the reason of being Christina Perry. Next I walk into an Italian restaurant right next to the alley and see Crabbe and Goyle who after the defeat of the dark lord have become waiters and learned to speak in Italian accents. Thus and so on would one have to memorize to memorize a deck of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment